VACANCY MARKFIELD PARISH COUNCILLOR
There are two Parish Councillor vacancies on Markfield Parish Council and this position will be filled by co-option at the meeting of the Council to be held on Tuesday 3rd September 2019, 2013 at 7.30p.m. Markfield Library. Should more than two applications be received for the vacancies, Parish Councillors will decide the appointment by a vote, or series of votes, in order to obtain a majority decision.
To be considered for co-option, applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be registered as a Local Government Elector for the Parish on the current Electoral Register.
- Has during the whole of the previous 12months occupied as tenant or owner any land or other premises in the Parish. Or Has had his/her principal or only place of work in the previous 12months in the Parish of Markfield.
- Has resided either in the Parish or within 3 miles thereof during the previous 12 months.
- Must not be disqualified from holding office as a Councillor
A person is disqualified if they:
- Hold any paid office or employment to which they have been appointed by the Council
- Are the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order
- Have within five years of the day of co-option been convicted of any offence and has had passed on them a sentence of imprisonment for a period of not less than three months (whether suspended or not) without option of a fine
- Have been found guilty of corrupt or illegal practices or have been responsible for incurring unlawful expenditure and the court orders their disqualification
Applicants should note that Councillors are expected to attend monthly meetings usually on the first Tuesday of the month at 7.30pm and to represent the electors of Markfield in raising and discussing issues of interest on which the Parish Council is empowered to act.
Anyone wishing to be considered for co-option should contact the Clerk to the Council, in writing, at Markfield Parish Council Office, Markfield Community & Sports Centre, Markfield, Leics, LE67 9ST email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Friday 30th August 2019.
Total Attachments: 1Download: VACANCY PARISH COUNCILLOR There is one vacancy (49 KB)
ADVANCE NOTICE OF A TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER.
A Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) is to be made for the following location: Shaw Lane Service Road, Markfield (see attached plan). The purpose of the TTRO is to allow Leicestershire County Council to facilitate drainage/gully repairs and any other associated work to the highway.
The TTRO will incorporate a temporary parking restriction.
The duration of the restriction is not anticipated to exceed a period of 1 day commencing on the 12th July 2019.
MARKFIELD PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF PERIOD FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015 No. 234) The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
1. Date of announcement: Tuesday 11 June 2019
2. Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
• Inspection: Any persons interested may inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2019 these documents will be available during the period specified in paragraph 4 on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 3 below.
• Questions and objections to the external auditor: Local Government electors and their representatives have rights to:
▪ question the auditor about the accounting records.
▪ object to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must be given to the external auditor and a copy sent to the Authority (Markfield Parish Council). Objections must concern a matter of which the external auditor could make a public interest report or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 5 below for this purpose.
3. Person to whom you can apply to inspect the accounts:
Name: Dawn Murby
Position: Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to Markfield Parish Council
Address: Parish Office, Markfield Community & Sports Centre, Mayflower Close, Markfield, Leics, LE67 9ST
Tel No: 07989 169044
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org 4. Any rights of inspection, objection and questioning of the auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days: (Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, Regulation 15(1))
commencing on: Monday 17 June 2019
and ending on: Friday 26th July 2019
5. Your appointed auditor is: SBA Team, PKF Littlejohn LLP, 1 Westferry Circus, Canary Warf, London, E14 4 HD
For more detailed guidance on electors’ rights and special powers of auditors, copies of the publication Council Accounts – A Guide to Your Rights are available from the National Audit Office website
A temporary road closure is required on The Chase, Markfield for its entire length from 5th June 2019 for 2 days.
A temporary footpath closures are required on 1) footpath known as Footpath From Woodland Close To Chitterman Way at The Chase end, 2) Footpath From Swithland Close And Whitcroft Close To The Chase at The Chase end and 3) Public right of way known as Footpath R21 from the Hawthorns from the chase.
Friday 10th May 2019 see poster for more details
Please see the Press Release below for details of a temporary road closure on Forest Road to Stoney Lane beginning on 12th April 2019
Please find attached this years “Summer Activities Fund Application Form”
Closing Date for applications is 4pm on Thursday18th April 2019.
£200 (maximum) is available to support community groups to run summer activities.
Forms to be returned to:
Summer Activity Fund