MARKFIELD PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF PERIOD FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015 No. 234) The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
1. Date of announcement: Tuesday 11 June 2019
2. Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
• Inspection: Any persons interested may inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2019 these documents will be available during the period specified in paragraph 4 on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 3 below.
• Questions and objections to the external auditor: Local Government electors and their representatives have rights to:
▪ question the auditor about the accounting records.
▪ object to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must be given to the external auditor and a copy sent to the Authority (Markfield Parish Council). Objections must concern a matter of which the external auditor could make a public interest report or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 5 below for this purpose.
3. Person to whom you can apply to inspect the accounts:
Name: Dawn Murby
Position: Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to Markfield Parish Council
Address: Parish Office, Markfield Community & Sports Centre, Mayflower Close, Markfield, Leics, LE67 9ST
Tel No: 07989 169044
Email: / 4. Any rights of inspection, objection and questioning of the auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days: (Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, Regulation 15(1))
commencing on: Monday 17 June 2019
and ending on: Friday 26th July 2019
5. Your appointed auditor is: SBA Team, PKF Littlejohn LLP, 1 Westferry Circus, Canary Warf, London, E14 4 HD
For more detailed guidance on electors’ rights and special powers of auditors, copies of the publication Council Accounts – A Guide to Your Rights are available from the National Audit Office website